Over the past eleven weeks we have held communion on the subject of faith. Together, we navigated the theology of faith as espoused in scriptures.
This week, we round up the series. Here are some of the nuggets we shared. They serve as reminder of the lessons we learned.
1. The Bible says God gave every believer a standard measure of faith – “the measure of faith.” Romans 12:3. We all got the same standard measure, no one got more, no one got less. There’s egalitarianism of dispensation of faith.
2. Get rid of the fear. The Bible assures you your enemies will come at you one way but flee seven ways. Deuteronomy 28:7. That’s brutal.
3. These are the four reasons Jesus came – to initiate the messianic program, to operationalize the new contract between God and humanity, to loosen Satan’s political control over death, and to destroy the works of the devil.
4. Never doubt God’s love. Nothing can EVER separate you from God’s love. Romans 8:35-39. You take the word of God for what it says, you don’t know the love of God through your feelings.
5. Many reasons can be adduced for our poor showing of faith. For example, if you don’t walk in love, you won’t see manifestation of faith. Faith works through love. Galatians 5:6 NET.
6. God is able to do exceeding abundantly more than we can ever ask OR THINK. So, leave the thinking to God. Stop micromanaging God. He’s not your subordinate.
7. Why are you waiting for private revelation rather than appropriating the word of God? All things are yours. The law of reverse possession says everything belongs to you because you belong to Christ who belongs to God. 1 Corinthians 3:21-23.
8. The Bible says, “Everything we could ever need for life and godliness has already been deposited in us by his divine power.” 2 Peter 1:3. God is enormously generous to us. The New Testament is all about his gifts.
9. Fearful information will not generate faith. Words of discouragement will not generate faith. Gossip will not generate faith. The only thing faith responds to is THE good news – the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
11. Faith is designed to respond to specific queries generated by God’s word. The program does not respond to other types of data. If you want to exercise faith, stop consuming bad data.
12. If you have a life-threatening ailment, people will call to offer their sympathy. But that’s the last thing you need. It’s very bad data and it’s anti faith. If you’re confessing that you’re already healed what is the point of sympathy?
13. You have to resist the urge to feel sorry for yourself, the urge to feel helpless. You have to be hard on yourself. Not all support systems inspire faith. Some encourage acceptance of condition, which is antithetical to faith.
14. God didn’t lay sickness on you to teach you patience and long suffering. Don’t let anyone tell you that. It’s a lie.
15. For all its advancement, modern medicine still struggles. And it’s limited as a physical science. It does not recognize spiritual affliction. Yet the Bible says some afflictions are demonic.
16. The average doctor believes he’s a medicine administrator, not a healer of diseases. He readily concedes it is God who heals. Some people after all go on to full recovery after being given up by medicine. Hopeless cases are beyond doctors but not God.
17. If you’re suffering from miscarriages, or you’re struggling with conception, remember God’s word: “No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land.” Exodus 23:26. Stand on that word.
18. When the enemy has made a determination on your life and pronounced your death sentence, condemn every tongue that rises against you in judgment. Isaiah 54:17.
19. When everything seems so hopeless, throw yourself at God’s mercy. He is famous for great and unexpected acts and there’s no end to his surprises. Job 5:8-9
20. Some people think miracles are no longer needed because of advances in medical science. And yet our cancer centers are full. Satan is still fully operative, and creative.
21. The more advanced society becomes, the more creative the enemy is. We invented airplane and he came up with aerophobia – the fear of flying.
22. In the Bible the Greek word translated “salvation” is Sozo. It’s a multifaceted word. It incorporates forgiveness of sin, the healing of our body, material prosperity, as well as deliverance form demonic forces.
23. Deliverance from demonic forces is one of the accruals of the salvation program. It’s a legally enforceable claim.
24. The thing about Satan is, he’ll try whatever he can get away with. If you’re ignorant of your rights he’ll cheat you. He’ll afflict you no end if you don’t know you have power over him.
25. The Bible says resist the devil and he’ll flee from you. James 4:7. You have to do the resisting, God is not going to do it for you. He already told you what to do.
26. Isn’t it ironic witches and wizards don’t even feature on Satan’s organogram? There are principalities, powers, rulers of darkness, spirit forces of wickedness… But there’s no mention of witches or wizards. That should tell you how important they are even in Satan’s scheme.
27. You can’t cast out demons by sprinkling holy water. You command demons to leave in the name of Jesus. Not once did Jesus cast out demons with holy water. And there’s nothing like holy water in Christianity. It’s not in the Bible.
28. Every tongue that rises against you in judgment you will condemn. This peace, righteousness, SECURITY, and TRIUMPH OVER OPPOSITION is your heritage. This is your vindication from God. Isaiah 54:14-15, 17 AMP.
29. Jesus has overcome the world. John 16:33. In cultural colloquialism, Awon Aiye cannot do you. (Nefarious powers can’t do you in).
30. Don’t express fear of death. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. Proverbs 18:21. Don’t use your faith to procure your death. Satan needs your faith.
31. Jesus said, I am come that they might have life and have it more abundantly. John 10:10. Therefore you will live abundantly. The Lord will fulfill the number of your days. Exodus 23:26. Confess those words, believe them.
32. Jesus created rapprochement between God and humanity with his sacrifice.
33. In 1 Corinthians 15:26 we’re told Satan had political control of death. What Jesus did through his sacrifice was to destroy the devil’s hold on death.
34. “The reason the Son of God was made manifest (visible) was to undo, destroy, loosen and dissolve the works the devil has done.” 1 John 3:8 AMPC.
35. The Bible says there’s a mighty power working within us. That power is “immeasurable and unlimited.” It’s the power that raised Jesus from the dead. Ephesians 1:20. It is not dormant. It is active.
36. It’s virtually impossible to appreciate the full ramification of the New Testament without recourse to the legal construct undergirding it. The New Testament is resolutely mounted on a tripod of commercial law, criminal law and constitutional law.
37. It’s a lack of understanding of biblical jurisprudence that makes us imagine we can do good to get saved. That’s like a murderer saying he should be absolved of his crime just because he gave alms to the poor, or because he helped a widow.
38. You don’t do anything to become righteous in the New Testament. You’re made righteous. Because of this righteousness, we can boldly approach the throne of grace. Hebrews 4:16.
39. God is NOT trying to teach you a lesson with any disease. He has your phone number he can talk to you directly. “I will INSTRUCT you and TEACH you in the way you should go; I will COUNSEL you with my eyes on you.” Psalm 32:8.
40. What you accommodate you can’t fight. Same principle applies to poverty. In scriptures for some reason prosperity is linked to health. You have to hate poverty. Stop creating justification for poverty. Don’t accept it. Prosperity is your right.
41. Manifestation is not proof of acquisition it’s just a progression. It is for this reason you ignore contra reality. Why? Because you already have what you’re asking for, so what other reality? You already possess it.
42. We got into space because someone dared to dream. Someone challenged convention, refused to buy into the collective resignation of the human race to Planet Earth. Someone thought of possibilities. When last did you think of possibilities?
43. We were born unique. We were created differently. Why do we strive to spend the rest of our lives trying to be like everyone else? Dare to be yourself. Dare to be different. The Lord celebrates the different.
44. If you choose to dare, you have to have implicit faith the Lord has got your back, that He will come looking for you if you get lost. He’s got a tracker on you.
45. We’re all gifted with different capacities. Our roads in life don’t always converge. Many times, they diverge. Our paths are not always the beaten path. Some were born to pioneer. Pioneering is not easy.
46. If you ever want life to reckon with you, you’ve got to dare.
We’ll take a short break after this Faith series. In the coming days, the ten parts will be compiled into an e-book and made available on www.lekealderstore.com. Watch out for it!
Please, say this prayer: “Father I come to you in the name of Jesus. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead. I am saved. Amen.”
© Leke Alder | firstname.lastname@example.org.