If you’ve been following #Illuminare you’d have noticed I am emphatic about five things:
1. You don’t have to be a pastor to have a profound understanding of scriptures, or to operate in the gifts of the Spirit. Every Christian is supposed to operate in the gifts of the Spirit.
2. Everything shouldn’t take place in church. We’re supposed to take Christ everywhere we go – to the political, social, cultural and economic nooks of society.
3. Intelligence is not anti Spirit, neither is science anti God. Some scientists, yes. The Spirit has gifts of intelligence – word of knowledge, word of wisdom, prophecy.
4. The church is a political institution headed by a political figure. Christians should participate in governance and politics.
5. The reality of the Order of Melchizedek to which all Christians belong is that we function at the intersection of the secular and the divine. We are priest-kings. To illustrate this point I’m going to share a story with you.